Donnerstag, 18. November 2010



There's nothing that stands more for human emotions than a heart, plus a concrete heart has the advantage of having an enormous affective and touching power.
Due to acquisition problems concerning human hearts I had to resort to a pig heart. The next step was to find a method to preserve the heart in order to be able to touch it and to work on it later on. After an intense research I came across a procedure making use of a substance called siloxane. With the help of a some friendly but sober and unromantic people working at the faculty of chemistry I had to realize that siloxane was way out of my financial league and nearly impossible to get. After my first disillution I decided to take a risk and start the experiment using epoxy instead of siloxane. In about three days I will see if science triumphes over naive enthusiasm or if I can proceed with a succesfully preserved heart.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen